Thursday, June 10, 2010

iCandy - Backyard Camping Edition

Hello and Happy Thursday everyone! I'm bringing you this week's iCANDY a day early as I prepare for my good friend's visit this weekend. She's bringing 2 of her kids and combined we'll have 3 kiddos, all under the age of 6! Can you tell by the theme what we'll be up to?

I thought it would be fun to take advantage of Atlanta's {gorgeous} Spring weather and do some good old fashioned backyard camping. I can't remember the last time I slept in a tent, but I'm pretty sure I was in my teens, so I'm a bit ....overdue? My 4 year old is so excited about this, it's all he can talk about, especially since he discovered the art of catching fireflies this past weekend :) too cute.

I'm not sure who's more excited for this.... the kids or me? My friend is already asking me if I have blowup mattresses, I told her, nope, we're roughing it, this is not the Ritz!

Please enjoy this week's roundup of fun stuff to make your own backyard camping experience super fun. Also, don't forget, The National Wildlife Federation has declared Saturday June 26th as the Great American Backyard Campout! So go pitch a tent:)

1. Banana Boats - I've never heard of these before, but thanks to This Week For Dinner you too can learn how.
2. Bodum Fyrkat Portable Charcoal Grill - Perfect for Banana Boats, Hot Dogs and S'mores. $49.99
3. Power Plus Penguin - Kid's hand powered flashlight, eco friendly too! $7.63
4. Back Yard Explorer Tent - Easy setup $26.49
5. "My Bug Jar" Craft Kit - Perfect for catching fireflies, $9.99 for 12
6. Coleman for Kid's Lanatern - $9.99
7. S'Mores - Plus other perfect ideas to make your backyard camping experience {perfect} From the Queen herself, Martha Stewart.

final signature

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin