It's been sort of sad around the house the past few days because our little birdies are no longer with us. It appears they have fallen victim to mother nature and the whole food chain of life. Understanding this process is natural still does not take away the sadness. For weeks we've been watching and waiting patiently from our back window. Everything from nest building, to egg laying, then only 1 week ago they hatched. To see their little lives chronicled click here. My 3 year old son gave me the sweetest words of encouragement..."Mommy, I'm sorry a shark came and ate your baby birdies."
This week's iCANDY is dedicated to images that make me feel happy, despite our little setback this week. Next Spring a lucky new Robin family will have their own birdhouse for safety!
1. Pastel Tulip Cupcake Liners - Cupcake Social, East Coast $4.25
2. Windowsill Tulips Wood Wall Panel - Rodeo & Co, Landaff $75.00
3. Little Bloom Pins - The Vintage Belljar, France $11.00
4. Smoochie Pillow - Robins Egg Pink, Ontario $20.00
5. Orange Simple Stems Ceramic Magnet - Lily Pottery, Greenville, SC $6.00
6. Cottage Birdhouse - Bacon Square Farm, Minnesota, $30.00