Saturday, September 26, 2009

500 Colored Pencils


Everyone knows I'm ALL about COLOR! I get super excited when I see pastels, chalks, magic markers, paints and colored pencils at artist stores. I vividly remember Mrs. Kindee's 1st grade class where she had a small set of 6 fat magic markers, each with a unique scent, blueberry was my favorite.

I have a small arsenal of artist's supplies, although I can't draw my way out of a paper bag, similar to a woman who doesn't cook but loves cook books. I did draw some flowers a few months ago with some colored pencils and I must say they turned out better than I thought they would. Not to mention it was something fun to do with my 3 year old that didn't involve Lightning McQueen.


Then I stumbled upon the 500 Colored Pencils program, from Social Designer. Can you imagine having 500 colored pencils???? How clever is this? It's a subscription and here's the way it works... you or your BFF can get 25 different colored pencils a month for 20 months! at just $1.32 a pencil, what a steal. Each color has it's own unique name like Coral Gable, Smoked Salmon and Jessica, these were all incredible shades of pink by the way.

Are you asking yourself.. where would I keep 500 colored pencils? No worries, they have that all figured out for you. Whether you want desktop storage or modern wall art, they have just the lucite container to suit you.

I'm thinking these are the keys to unlocking my inner artist!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin