Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sexy Mama

I live on the best, I mean GREATEST street in all of Atlanta. What makes it such a fantastic place to live and raise a family? My neighbors! This past Sunday we had a surprise baby shower for the original Sexy Mama, who is going to have her second child and can you guess by all the pink whether it's a boy or girl?


All of us took a role in the shindig and of course I volunteered to make the invitations and get the cake. Looking for more of a modern theme, as opposed to booties and baby lambs I came up with a fun, mod pink, green and brown invite for the shindig and have called it the Sexy Mama baby shower invite. Also whipped up a set of coordinating Notes For Baby-To-Be.

How about a matching cake? Can you believe this? Trust me when I tell you it tastes as great as it looks! It was a 4 layer almond cake with rich chocolate ganache and I'm around 10 pounds heavier than I started on Sunday. All I did was send a picture of the invite to my favorite Etsy baker Sugar Dreams Bakery and voila! this is what she came up with, true talent.

The Original SEXY MAMA! Surprised and the SEXY PAPA in the background
Keeping true to the whole Etsy/handmade theme I got this adorable sparrow bib and burp cloth set from the Paisley Pineapple. The backside is the softest terry cloth I have ever seen.

Stealing a kiss from my favorite little guy.
Oh, and did I mention even my headband is from Etsy, check out Easy Edges Studio for the most comfortable headbands ever!!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin