Monday, November 24, 2008

Behind The Scenes

Getting requests to do custom work is so much fun, plus it helps keep my creative juices flowing. Not only do I get a complete kick out of designing something from start to finish, I am constantly amazed when someone requests to have one of my designs used in a completely different manner than originally intended. For example, I offer a puzzle piece kid's personalized note card set. Imagine my surprise when a young bride asked to have it made into her wedding invitation? Ironically, the red and green colors worked perfectly for a December wedding. It was a stretch, but I made it work. My fingers were raw from cutting, folding and gluing 100 handmade envelopes.

Back in September, I received a custom request from the talented Amy of the Paisley Pineapple to do a circus theme for her son's first birthday. She wanted something modern and not too baby, just the type of challenge I thrive upon. It was from this project my Custom Party Packs were hatched. I love the idea of a party "theme" and having all the printed pieces coordinate but not be too "matchy" really gives off a nice unified, clean appearance. Here's what we came up with for Maddox's first birthday.

Here were the party tags in action last weekend. Aren't these just about the cutest goodie bags you have ever seen? I think Amy should do party planning as her 2nd Etsy shop:)

Thanks for sharing these pictures with us. Hope Maddox enjoyed his very first birthday!

Since the circus, I've also received requests to do a girls' Tiny Dancer theme

and of course a little boy's 2nd birthday request to be all Construction

I love to see my work used in the real world. If you have a shot of your InkSpot Workshop paper goodie in action, please pass it along and I will gladly give you a plug right here in Custom Corner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these ideas. Your designs are always so clean, colorful and INSPIRING! Thanks for sharing!

Inkspot Workshop said...

Thanks for such a nice compliment PAM!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin