Thursday, October 22, 2009

Must Haves



When people talk about Belgium they usually talk about chocolate, right? And you get visions like these in your head, right? Especially if you've had the pleasure to visit Belgium and savor these little delicacies for yourself.

So let me ask you this... when you think of America, do you think of chocolate? Probably not, or at least not really good dark chocolate. Last weekend I had the pleasure of a visit from my Dutch friends, who live just close to an hour away from Belgium, the birthplace of all chocolate dark and lovely! My friends can simply jump in their car and drive anywhere in either Holland or Belgium and stuff their faces with all the best chocolate they can stand, right?

So, imagine my amusement when my Dutch friends come for a visit, here to the US and have this list of "must haves"...which include {but are not limited to}

1. DARK Chocolate Covered Cashews CVS Brand only (yes, I mean the drugstore)

2. Bubblicious

3. DARK Chocolate Covered Peanut M&Ms.

4. Everything From Ambercrombie & Fitch

So Ironic!


This has made me start to think of my own list of "must haves" when travelling. I thought I'd share my favorite with you...



Whenever I go home to visit North Olmsted, Ohio, I MUST have Frankie's pizza and salad. In fact, it's not just me, it's my whole gaggle of girlfriends too. We connect over Frankie's food. Perhaps it's emotional because the kid (now 41) who's father owns this bit of nostalgia, now runs the place and we grew up with him. Our childhoods are embedded with fond memories of the best pizza on the planet and oh, can you say mountain of shredded provolone cheese on the salads, topped with a poppy seed dressing? OK, now I really need to get back to OH.


Now I'm curious, what's your "must have"?

4 comments:

nichole said...

When I moved back to the US after living in France, I couldn't wait to have Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips and my mom's whoopie pies!

Inkspot Workshop said...

I too can relate about the Harvest Cheddar Sun chips!! I'm now intrigued by your mom's whoopie pies!

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Have you ever had the coconut m&m's!? Yummy!

Inkspot Workshop said...

Aha, yes indeed, I have had the coconut M&Ms, but nothing can take the place of Almond Joy!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin