Sunday, October 19, 2008

I {heart} Fall Weekends

Nothing is better than spending a perfect Fall day in the country. Here in GA we have lots of country plus the North Georgia Mountains for our weekend scenic escapes. Although I am definitely a "city mouse" I love the country. I moved to Atlanta in 1992 and since I had my son almost 3 years ago, I'm experiencing a completely different Georgia than I knew as a single girl without kids.


We kicked off the Fall season with a trip to Bradley's Pumpkin Patch. Found our pumpkins for the front porch, took a hayride and ate some of the best hot boiled peanuts ever. You know what they say.... when in Rome, or in this case Dawsonville:)


Then we were lucky enough to get a visit from Ohio, my homeland. Longtime friend Lisa and 2 of her 3 kids made the trek south. Boo at the Zoo was a big hit with everyone and we had a SPOOKY good time!


Our entourage included a couple power rangers and a "scary" shark. As you can see, the shark costume was a bit small, as it was my son's costume from his first ever Halloween, when he was just 9 months old! He is on a shark kick and insisted on wearing this costume {everywhere}. Oh well, guess I just wasted the $60 I spent on this year's astronaut costume.

Just yesterday we took a drive to Canton, where we had our first ever Cagle's Dairy Farm experience. If you are planning on a trip to Atlanta anytime soon, I HIGHLY suggest this spot, especially if you have kids of all ages. You will have an udderly great time:) This is a real working dairy farm and they have pumpkins, a country store with {what else} handmade dairy yummies, big bouncing pillow thingy that is supposed to look like a haystack plus.......
a hayride where the cows help themselves and are front and center.
a pig race, yes I said PIG RACE! Just about the funniest thing you will ever see.
A mechanical milking demonstration with good old Rosy and Bill. If you take a good look at Bill, you will see he's keeping the art of moustache waxing alive, here in 2008.
oops! Bill might have left the milking machine on a little too long for this poor Bessy.

Adorable baby calfs that were just born on the farm.
I hope you too are getting a chance to enjoy the outdoors with your friends and family.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin